Saturday, June 11, 2016

Writer's note

One day, out of nowhere, a so-called Shunji Iwai fan, aka me, decided to make a new blog after listening to the following song:


The idea of collecting any writingbasically my take on life's mundanityother than daily babbles in one place amused me, and that became the basis for this blog. I've always wanted to write in a form of writing that I feel unfamiliar with, such as personal essay, poem, and even collaboration project like many of young writers my age have been doing out thereacting like an editor for their own private, digital publication. So, as a part of my new year's resolution: to write moreI chose to follow the same path.

I was determined to name this blog "Fish in the pool" at first, as a tribute to the movie; but then I noticed that doing so would make this blog less personal than I intended to be. I, then, rather unconsciously, wrote "Words written on the page" as the titleand a few seconds later, another part of me managed to exist in this online world.

Now that you know a bit of me and the story behind this blog, I'm more than pleased to see you arrived safely to this tiny sanctuary. Enjoy your stay here, darlene.